Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Welcome to Hwa-jeong


This is the view from my studio.
Love the neon? So do the Koreans.
Do you see the red spire in the background?
On the top is a cross. Doting the night sky of Korea are red neon crosses. The only thing more prevalent than neon red crosses are red public bath signs.
Christian values and hygiene rules the skies, but it's the rolling hills that I love.

It's a beautiful contrast.
The flashing neon lights, so brash, bold, even gaudy and damn proud of it. Day in and all night they yell money. While on the rolling hills doted with small temples, lush green trees cover week-end visited paths. Nature and technology. Hills and valleys. It's about having it all. It's about being the best. Kimchee. It's all about kimchee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home