Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Friday, February 10, 2006

Torino

I really like the Olympics. I'm not an athletic person by any means, but I enjoy watching both the Summer and Winter Olympics. Currently it's Saturday morning and I'm watching the opening ceremonies. It' s always fun to hear the running commentary about the athletes and about the countries. Like the best nickname has to be the "fast white sausage", probably a play on his name. Bermuda's one athlete actually lives in Japan and is a financial reporter. Grandma Luge, from the Virgin Islands is the oldest female athlete being 52. Korea matched for the first time in the Winter Olympics under the unification flag. Dot, is back representing Kenya, who took twice as long as the winner Dali, who greeted Dot when he finished. Dali is the name of Dot's son. I'm looking forward to being able to watch the events in the morning. It is not just seeing who wins, but also how people compete. Stories like Dali and Dot are some of the great jems of the Winter Olympics. Coming from Kenya, so determined to do ones best even if it takes twice as long as the winner. Some of these athletes are so dedicated to getting to the games to represent their country. They are determined to do their best, for themselves and for their country. I love it, that and the parade of nations soundtrack is all eighties pop songs, it's great.

Hope people are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home