Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Sunday, November 20, 2005

ego_wins


ego_wins
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
I just got of the phone with my Mom. It turns out Ego has taken to watching nature shows with a vengence. He sits about 6 inches from the screen. It made me remember how he loved "playing" Neverwinter Nights with people from the old apartment.

Thinking of the old apartment made me think about my first Thanksgiving away from home. We decided to stay in Chicago rather than go home to our respected homes. Fro Matt and Marissa came down from Beloit. Angie and Britney came by train from western Illinois. My Dad and Lee drove down for the day. I remember trying to figure out how to brine two turkeys(one for dinner and one for Joe), which I had never done before. It was the first time I had ever cooked a turkey not under Mom's watchful and experienced eye, which is why the first one was a little over done. Sandy made massive amounts of excellent mashed potatoes and sausage dressing (which wasn't enough). My Dad sat around "talking about" Two Towers as we watched the extended edition before dinner. We managed to fit everyone around one table. There is a great picture on flickr, although I didn't post the one with Joe drawing on Marissa's sock with a sharpy as she sit reading on our futon. One of two, the place was great for having people stay with us. It seems along time ago, two years.

This year, they will be gathering in Seattle. I hear tell Jesse is frying a turkey. Sandy will once agian make massive amounts of potatoes and dressing. And Joe will be happy with leftovers, well at least for the weekend.

Happy Early Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home