Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day!
Actually it's almost over for me. It's just another work day for me. I ran out and grabed a cake roll for work. It seemed odd not to be sharing something with people. There was not pie to be found, so cake roll it was. I've spent most of the evening finishing up report cards for students.
Today, was an okay day. The highlight had to be one of my more advanced classes. When we have some extra time I play the sentence story game with them. The game where you start a story and everyone gets to say one sentence. It forces them to think on the fly, and I can correct grammar as we go. Unfortunately, Willy likes to kill people, send them to hell or heaven and then burn their spirits. Willy has lived in both England and Switzerland, meaning his vocabulary is quite advanced(he's not even in middle school). The previous student said,"I make a utopia(Willy having killed him and sent him to hell)." The sentence from Willy ended up being,"The devils got angry and staged a coup d'etat and burned him." The end. I never know what they are going to throw at me. Coup d'etat. I love it.

Okay, now the corny thanksgiving part.
What am I thankful for? (In no particular order)
My Family.
My Friends.
Yes, you're all kick ass awesome.
Especially, Xee(even though she doesn't read this).
My job, especially the kids.
Being able to move to Korea.
Music, internet and books.
Being me, even when I am crazy. : )
Being a hopeless dreamer.

Happy Thanksgiving! Never change! I like you all just the way you are.
Best wishes. Warm thoughts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

For some reason, the sentence game always winds up being disturbing. My latin class at Notre Dame had students regularly being fed to the bestiae and other such weird things.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home