Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Monday, February 13, 2006

If V-day wasn't nauseating enough

I've heard of Koreans being dubbed "plastic beauties", but this tops that hands down. The link leads to an article on BBC World about Chinese couples in Shanghai getting matching noses. Yes, yes. Matching noses. You know, I would just settle for some flowers, a nice dinner, maybe some tasteful jewlery, but matching nose jobs would never be on my V-day wish list. So, if you didn't think V-day could get any more fucked up, well you thought wrong. Although in Korea on V-day women don't get anything, they have to give men chocolate. On March 14th, women are given hard candy by men, because you know women just love . . . hard candy. Can we say short end of the stick.

Well, I guess Happy Valentine's Day. Or, big bro. Happy Birthday.
Seriously, girls I hope you go out and treat yourself. Sorry, there are no witty cards this year. Koreans don't do funny cards, let alone cards saying,"Life is too short to dance with ugly men." or the such.

Happy V-day People.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home