Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Friday, February 17, 2006

2046

I didn’t enjoy 2046, as much as I enjoyed In the Mood For Love, but who doesn’t prefer falling in love to coming back from love. Coming back from love. What is coming back from love? How does one come back from love? Does one come back from love? Either way, both are beautiful movies, In the Mood for Love more so.

I love music. Music has become my obsession of late. I didn’t really start buying music until last fall. I couldn’t afford music when I was growing up, or while I was in college. I would usually just listen to what was around. It wasn’t until I got back from Boston did I really begin to take an avid interest in music. Marty burned me a random mix cd, and it was off from there. I burn some stuff he had, but then I began to start exploring Reckless Records on weekends. God, I miss Reckless Records. I would wander in there on a saturday or sunday and flip through cds, narrowing it down to three cds to listen to and then belaboring which ones I should buy for the week. Alison helped, I copied quite a few cds from her while I was in New York, as well as imported some of my stuff on to her computer. Last year my cd player became a requirement on exiting my apartment. My bag usually was stuffed with my wallet, lip balm, cell phone, a notebook, pen, book, cd player, and cds. These days it’s wallet, lip balm, cell phone, notebook, pen, book, camera, and I-pod. I love my ipod. It’s great to have all my music at my finger tips. It’s all about music and cats(as my bro. Jeremy puts it). Now, instead of a few cds it’s 15 GB of music. And I’m always looking for more music.

I don’t really have a distinctive or selective taste in music. I have an eclectic mix of music. I don’t know anything about good or bad music, I just know what I like. I like what moves me. It needs to have momentum, energy, life. I saw the Kaiser Chiefs this summer and after I saw them in person, I went and bought their cd, “Employment.” Why? Because there was an undeniable passion, energy and joy in their performance and thus in their music I couldn’t deny. So, I’m happy they did so well this year. I love people with passion. I have a huge amount of respect for people who go after their dreams, who are passionate about living out their dreams, working for them. So it’s only natural I love music with passion, energy, momentum.

Yes, I'm babbling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home