Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blame Canada.

I blame Canada. My first experiences with Canadians haven't been, well, the most cheerful of experiences. It's not that I hold Canada to blame for one individuals folliables, but it didn't really leave a favorable impression. Luckily, and sadly this has changed. Two of my co-teachers are Canadians. (There are a large number of Canucks in Korea. I occasionally frequent a Canadian bar in Itaewon. They have a great truck stop breakfast.) T and A are really nice and to be quite honest great to work with. They've made the work situation much more enjoyable as well as being very helpful. It makes work much more enjoyable when you know some one shares your pain and your opinion of the work situation. We will often sit and quip back and forth about things during break time. I've learned a lot about Canada in the last few months. At other times we will just sit and talk about everything from world events to geek things(Penny Arcade. Red Vs. Blue, Fark). It's nice to be able to relax a bit at work. Soon this will all end. T and A are leaving for a trip to Europe at the end of March. I don't know who will replace them, but I will probably be a sad monkey when they leave. The office won't be as fun as it's been. Why? Well, sarcasms isn't everyone cup of tea, nor is quick and lively wit. Ah, who knows? Hopefully, they will hire some one who knows the value of a laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home