Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Family


first_thanks
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
Family dreams.
My mother and I talked a bit today. There is a topic of conversation which keeps coming up over and over again as we have these transglobal chats. It's about wishes and dreams.

My mother and I have this dream. One day we get the whole family together and just spend time together. I would bake and cook us a meal. And we would just sit around and talk, maybe listen to some music. I think I'd make lasagna. Definately some cookies, oh or black forest cake(traditional birthday cake). Over the last umm nine months we've thought about this happening.

It's not likely to happen anytime soon. I'm still in Korea. I don't know where I will be moving to when I get back. Dad is in Kiribata. Jeremy and Jenevive are in Maryland, with an option of Qutar. Josh is still indefinatly unavailable. Lee, Paul and Ka are in Racine. Our family is spread out, as it has been for years. This is evident in the fact the best picture I have of my family only has two actual family members together. Mom and I realized it's been nine years since the last Christmas were we have all been together(unless we are wrong). That's a while. So right now Mom is hoping for some divine intervention and we all end up spending Christmas at her still hypothetical alpaca farm.

I just want to say, I love my family. I think it's good occasionally to examine things, to put things into perspective. Even though we are scattered, we are still a family. My family is great. My mom is a women who is accepting of life's changes, while fighting for what she believes in. She has big dreams and an even larger faith which isn't easy after the things she's gone through. My father shaped who I am and now he is challenging himself, hopefully growing in the Peace Corps. Jeremy is for lack of a better way of putting it an interesting person, he was an interesting kid too. Jenevive is the sister I never had, but always wanted. Lee is Lee, great. Josh is well, a know it all, but a good kid. He is strong, but then he has to be. Paul is an amazing young man. So in short, I'm very thankful for my family. I'm especially thankful since when I came into this world, there was no family. I'm lucky. But even lucky people have dreams, and I dream of having all of my family together, just sitting around talking, eating mountians of food I've cooked for them and listening to music. Here's to dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home