Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Gong Hee Fot Choy

A while ago my bro but up a link for Gong Hee Fot Choy which I then added to my links. Most days it sits at the bottom below my link to Ambrose Bierce’s “The Devil’s Dictionary.” I’m usually click on it when I’m bored or I am looking for the vague optimism that only horoscopes can deliver. Today is one of those days. So here’s my horoscope, my edited fortune:

Queen of Diamonds in the House of Success:
Time is required to bring you lasting success. Study hard, work hard, and follow the right pursuit. A new proposition in the next three months.(Which is funny, since in about three months I’ll be in the States.)

Ace of Spades in the House of Friends:
Some time in your life you will have a friend who is in the slaughter business, an undertaker, a casket maker, or some business pertaining to the death. (See, amusing.)

Queen of Hearts in the House of Letters:
You will receive good news from a friend. A letter telling you nice things. (Yeah, good news.)

Nine of Spades in the House of :
You are due for a disappointment, big loss, or you have just had one. Sometimes a big loss means a bigger gain; fate shapes things in a funny way. A delay indicated. (I actually kind of like it that this isn’t totally saccharine sweetly optimistic.)

I skipped over the romance ones. Yada Yada. Anyways, the laundry is done. On to some Korean. Yeah, I’m finally learning Korean(three months before I leave). Irony.

Listening to: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah’s, “Fever to Tell” the whole cd is awesome. This is evident in the fact I wanted to put just about every song on my “Roar” play list. I also like The Raconteurs “Broken Boy Soldiers” a very varied sound, but good.

What’s your fortune? What’s keeping your ears company?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home