Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Blossoms in Hongdae


Blossoms in Hongdae
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
From Chapter One of "Lady Chatterly's Lover", by D.H. Lawerence:

Ours is essentially a tragic age, so we refuse to take it tragically. The cataclysm has happened, we are among the ruins, we start to build up new little habitats, to have new little hopes. It is rather hard work: there is now no smooth road into the future: but we go round, or scramble over the obstacles. We've got to live; no matter how many skies are fallen.

I always liked that passage.

Happy Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home