Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Nacho Libre!

I would like to state to state I dislike telemarketers. What is worse than being called by a telemarketer? Well, try having it happen after you've only been asleep for two hours. On top of that trying to explain you don't speak Korean, in Korean as you try to wake up. Then have it happen again, and then again thus obliterating any chance of actually sleep. Ugh. The most frustrating part was the fact they were confused by a foreigner having a cell phone. Foreigners call people? They seemed confused that a foreigner had a cell phone. Think outside the box, please.

On the other hand, being tired and up leads to me surfing the internet. And I found this gem. Jack Black has made a movie called Nacho Libre. In this movie, he plays a cook at an orphanage. At night he is a Mexican wrestler to make money for the orphanage. I love it. It's right up there under "Snakes on a Plane."

Also, speaking of excellent, though of a different caliber. Julie Taymour is directing a production of Grendel, the opera based of an excellent book(so says Alison). Alison is also going to get to see this glorious work. If you haven't seen Titus, go forth and rent it. Although it does have some very disturbing scenes, it is beautifully done.

Ah, it's going to be a coffee day. Luckily, Krispy Kreme has a decent cup. I dislike Starbucks. I hope peeps are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home