Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Brain isn't in today. Can I take a message?

So I lied about that funny work post. What should I post about in this new year? I can’t seem to get anything out right now. Probably because my brain has been eaten by my latest cold. Kids, full of germs. This is my third cold since I got here. Usually at the most I get sick once a year. I tend to get colds when I start new jobs, but these last two are just bonus ones. Lucky me. I wonder how many more colds I’ll catch this winter? Anyways, the brain is on vacation so this is going to be a random list.

Random bits about Korea:
1. At “big dinner” one may have to toast ones boss's love life(we did it twice).
2. There are at least 21 romantic holidays in Korea. My favorite is Black day when singles wear black and eat black food. It’s like my own holiday.
3. Everything comes with pickles. Pasta in cream sauce, with pickles. Breakfast sandwich, pickles, ketchup, mustard, and not again.
4. Never say salsa. Just trust me on this.
5. Koreans spend more on cigarettes and beauty products than they do on books.
6. Never talk about Japan.
7. Never talk down or criticize Korea or Koreans.
8. Korea’s public transit bugs me because it shuts down really early. I usually need to leave Seoul for Hwajeong by 10 p.m. or at 5 a.m. I live an hour outside of Seoul in suburbia. This will probably be the only time I ever live in suburbia until I have kids. I hate suburbia.
9. When one's co-worker leaves after a month, the party line is she got sick and then had to move away. Parents don't like change. Toe the party line.
10. My brain has died.

I hope you have all of your brains and that no cold or random herd of zombies have eaten them. Take care of your brains. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home