Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Moving On

Last year, well, was a mixed bag. Looking back there was some crap-tacular things. At the same time I had some great times too. Going to see Neil Gaiman with Ryan. Visiting Alison in New York for my birthday. Getting to party with Xee. Staying up late and just talking to Will. Or sitting up look out over Indy with Jesse. GenCon was great(but also a bit of a mixed bag). I’d rather not focus on the bad things, but rather learn from them. Alison was right last year was kind of a year of moving through things and issues. I learned a lot last year, which is why it was a good year if a hard year.

What did I learn last year? I learned what good friends I have. I also learned how to live again, to be myself. I discovered my passion for music(10 GB in four months). I learned how to accept. I learned to forgive. I learned more about what I really need and want. I learned not to pass up good things because I'm afraid of being hurt. I learned I need to work still on my trust issues. Nothing risked is nothing gained. I learned well, a lot or should I say I experienced a lot last year. Hopefully, I’ll put my experiences to good use.

So, this year is about moving on. I feel good about this year. I don’t know why? I hope you feel good about this year too. Here's to a kick ass new year! To dreams. ; )

Green Day "American Idiot" "Blvd of Broken Dreams"

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

This year is going to be good--the optimism hasn't failed yet, so it must be good! :)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home