Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Years!

In ten minutes it will be 2006 for my friends on the East Coast. For me it’s been 2006 for 14 hours. What do I have to say about the new year. As with last year, music makes everything better. Riding up to Nowon with Danya, I asked her, “Do you have any new year’s resolutions?” She said, “I hadn’t thought about it. What about you?” “No.” Looking back on the year are they’re things I would change? Yes, and no. Can I change them? No. So, instead I move on. Things happen, things don’t. So what do I want out of this next year? I don’t know. I know I will travel, so it’s not a matter of want. It’ll happen because I will make it happen. Traveling is easy, you just make the decision and go. Some decisions are easy. No, there are things I want, but I can’t have. And maybe that’s my resolution to get better at letting go of wants, not of dreams, but of wants. There are things I need and things I want. Maybe I should focus on what I need this year. What do I need? I need to focus on being more patience, discipline, and having better self-control. Oh, it’s now midnight on the East Coast, Happy New Years. What will this new years bring? This I know, the rest will be as it will be:

Finish my contract with school.
Travel to Japan.
Travel to Thailand or China.
I will move to either Chicago, New York, or Seattle.
I will knit one scarf.
I will make more mix cds to terrorize my friends.
I will write as much as I can.
I will spend more money that I should on books and music.
I will get my cat back.
I will be me. I’m sorry but that isn’t going to change.
I will continue to be that crazy girl you not so secretly shake your head at when she does something silly, stupid, crazy, or just something only I would do.
I will continue to be an impulsive dreamer.

Yes, that’s maybe my resolution, to keep dreaming. Not probably a very good one, nor a very wise one, but I’ve never been wise. So here’s to a new year and new dreams.
Sorry if this isn’t the best post. I didn’t get much sleep last night, it being New Years and all. I hope everyone had a safe and kick ass New Years. Have a great new year and big dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home