Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ugly Chair

I have an ugly chair. It's one of those cheap imitation pappasan chairs made of metal and covered with stripes of lavender, mauve, two shades of bright blue, orange, turquoise, and an off shade of lime green. It's fabulous, because I no longer have to sit on the floor to read. I was lucky to get it, since it was on sale but only with a card. The nice lady at the register filled out the application for me so I could get the sale price. It was very sweet of her.

Speaking of sweet Koreans, Euni is a sweet Korean. Euni is the real name of a women who I thought was named Abby. Abby is actually her daughter and the reason why her patrons are getting free coffee for a while. Euni runs the used bookstore where I had my slice of pumpkin pie. Euni also keeps me in reading material. If feeding me pie and coffee wasn't enough she has now decided to take another step. This was our conversation while she was getting me coffee.

Euni: So, my friend M? Just left umm thirty minutes ago.
K: Oh . . .
Euni: He's very smart.
K: I've meet smart men before.
Euni: He's very sweet.
K: I've meet sweet men before.
Euni: Still . . .

My bookseller has decide to play matchmaker. I find this amusing since right now I'm not looking to date. Friends, all well and good. Guy friends can be trick sometimes, which is a shame because I always like having guy friends. I grew up a bit of a tom boy with four brothers. Which also may be the reason why some times I'm totally oblivious when it comes to guys liking me. If you think I'm joking ask my friends, they'll tell you some stories. I'm better at being friends with guys than being in a relationship with them. Oh, wait I've only really had one relationship. Thirteen year olds have more dating experience than I do. Eh. The thing is I have meet quiet a few smart and sweet men, most of whom in the end I'm not interested in. I don't know why. Maybe because I know I need some one who is more than smart or sweet. I'm looking for someone exceptional. Who wants someone who is scared easily? Who isn't up for some challenges? I need someone who is like my ugly chair, perfect. Until then, well, who knows? Life is definitely interesting though. And ironic. ; )

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Ahh, Irony. Someday the bitch goddess is going *down*.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home