Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Wanderlust

I want to wander the streets alone. There is something incredibly exhilarating and freeing about walking the streets of an unknown city. No one knows you, you know no one, it's just you and and unknown world waiting to be discovered and no bonds exist, just pure freedom. Not here though, here it's been done. The street no longer seem strange. No adventure seems to hide around the bend. I do not know this land, but it is familiar enough to breed passiveness. It is no longer a new land, full of possibilities. Not because it is without possibilities, but because my imagination lacks the will to transform, to pretend. My mind is no longer curious, it is sated with it's limited and paltry knowledge, or more truthfully it's rash assumptions. My curiosity is not tickled and the monkey in my brain is asleep. Where does my wander lust dream of walking? It dreams of the days when it can wander the streets of Hong Kong, of Tokyo, and Kyoto. My time there will be short. Long enough to fall in love, and short enough not to grow bored, so they will remain perfect in their briefness. At the same time I long for familiar streets and haunts. I long for streets I call home, but will I return to them? I don't know.

I'm not wildly happy, but I'm good. In fact, I'm pretty good. Sometimes it may not seem so from my blogs, but I am very content. I'm looking forward to my remaining time in Korea. Korea, hasn't been easy, but it's been good for me and will probably continue to be good to me. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Korea when the weather gets better. At the same time I don't want to stay more than a year, because I have other things to do. I have other dreams. Moreover I'm looking forward to doing some traveling outside of Korea too. It's very exciting, getting to start research into Kyoto, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. I'm also thinking about the future, what I want to do when I get back to the States. Most importantly where I will end up settling. Will I choose home or a new adventure? Either way there will be challenges. The first is deciding what I want. Isn't that always the question. And it's a trick question, because just because you want something doesn't mean you'll get it or, that you should even get it. All I know is I'm going to make it a good year.
: )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home