Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

jelly shoes and market day

Look no picture.
I didn't take any pictures of the mini-flood. The remnant of a Typhoon E? has caused it to rain for the last 24 hours. Welcome to the wet season, kind of. Even for Korea this is a bit harsh, since part of the subway had to be close down due to flooding as well as several roads. I think I might need a bigger umbrella and more skirts, since I walked around my first class slightly damp around the hem. Also, jelly shoes which I consider a fashion tragedy maybe in my future just for convience sake.

Also market day is tomorrow. Guess when I offically found out about it? Today, kind of. I'm not sure what I will be doing really, since the assistant manager didn't have time to explain it but did have a meeting which I was unable to attend since they didn't tell me it was happening. This is one thing I will not miss, not finding things out til the last possible minute. The kids often know what is going on before the foreign teachers. For a culture that is supposed to be respectful, it's a kick in the face everytime. The thing is even when we ask what is going on they usually can't, won't or don't know themselves. Efficiency is not a word I would use to describe managment here. Ugh. Well, one thing is for certain I've gotten quite good at going with things on the fly and eating alot of shit. On the up side the kids will probably have a good time tomorrow, maybe pictures.

Stay dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home