Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Korea 2 Togo 1


I don't know.
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
It is after 1 in the morning here, and impossible to sleep. Now one in Korea is sleeping unless they are in a coma. Seriously, I've never heard as many sirens or car horns as I have tonight. I have my window open for the breeze but along with the wind I'm catching singing, yelling, car horns, drums, and the sound of firecrackers. The game ended about an hour ago, but they are still going and will be for a while. Ah, there they go again singing the official song. Unfortunately they are going up against either France or Switzerland next. But, tonight they don't care. They won the first game. Korea is an increadably nationalistic country. Most people today were wearing their "Reds go Together" or "Go Korea" or "Red Devils" shirts. And football is a big deal in this country after the 2002 World Cup. Hopefully they put up a good game against France.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Yup, I had my red "Go Korea" t-shirt on yesterday too.
:)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

If it's any comfort, my office is all about the World Cup right now. Masako flew to Germany to watch Japan play Australia. People are running back and forth with updates all day.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home