Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Friday, March 03, 2006

Have you read the Bible?

Even in Korea there are Jehovah Witnesses. The only people who knock on my door are the gas lady and people who want to know if I've found Jesus.

"Do you know Jehovah Witnesses?"
"Yes, we have Jehovah Witnesses in America."
"Have you read the Bible?"
"Yes."
"Can I read to you."

That was a statement not a question. And the question is not "Have you read the Bible?" it's really "Have you read our bible?" "Have you found our God?" It's not about believing these days it's about subscribing to set doctrine and opinions. There is no middle ground these days it seems. It's us or them. So, it's not about what I believe it's about do you believe what I believe.

One of my favorite restaurants in Korea is Petras. It's Mediterranean. The guys who own it are really nice. I went here with a couple of friends for dinner the other night and we decided to bring a beer with since most places are byob. Just one to relax while we talked and ate. We had seen other people do it so, we knew it was okay. The guys had no problem with us drinking, at the same time I felt disrespectful. I don't think I'll bring alcohol there again. Maybe because Petras is such a homey place, I felt I was being disrespectful to them in the their home by drinking. At the same time, I realized how much I still don't know about Islam. That's some thing I need to change.

So, here's my odd religious rant. Now, I'm going to watch anime. Bye, peps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home