Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

09/09/06

Why is it a date? Well because in a month I will be traveling back from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Two people who are awesome will be getting married. And my brother and sister-in-law will be flying away to Samara for ten months. It is a month away. Freaky.

Time is quickly rushing by. Part of me wishes it would hurry up so I can move on to what ever is going to happen next. The other part of me is going "Oh, crap. What are you going to do?" While another part is saying, "Jez, I'm going to miss this place. I'm going to miss my kids." So, conflicting feelings aside, there is a bit to wrap up before Thailand. We finally have the airfare pretty much nailed down thanks to Jasmine. Most of my room is packed up and sitting in boxes on my floor. Everything is on the floor even me. My laptop sits on a low table, and I sit on the floor. My legs fall asleep alot and I limp around going "owwww," most nights.

The intersting thing about living abroad for a year is it makes you realize a lot of things you take advantage of, like hugs, or even talking to people. Right now, I'm realizing how much you accumulate in a year. I came here with a suitcase, a duffel, and a laptop. Now, I'm sending home at least six to seven boxes. One box of winter clothing has been sent home. I've got two more boxes of cds and assorted stuff. And then three boxes are of books. I've actually been really good about not aquiring too many books, through re-reading books and re-selling them. Oh, the curse of being a bibliophile. I hate letting books go. I can't let go of a good book. But, it's time for me to go to bed. Good reading!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home