Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Vacation


View from the house
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
I had a lovely short holiday. And with all vacations I've settled back to earth with a thud. The thud is my sudden and inevitable ephiphany that I have only a month left until I'm once again an unemployed liberal arts major. Oh, the joy. (And yes, Will I can't believe it's been almost a year. Goodness.) So, off the to the races it is again. I started to send out resumes, but I am wondering if I should have waited since a) I'm hard to reach since I'm out of the country and in a different time zone (my phone only kind of works right now) b) it will be a month and a half before I can start work c) I'm currently homeless. None of the above mentioned is going to help me become employed sooner. But, I will endever to keep things moving.

Also, my apologies to the many people I owe e-mails. I've fallen off the e-mail train. I'm sorry and will try to get back to you as soon as possible. I'm also busy trying to figure out Thailand and wrap up thing I need to do and want to do in Korea. The dentist is over, as long as my wisdom teeth heal properly. And twelve days is not enought time in Thailand make it at least two full weeks or three weeks. So far it's Ko Chang, Chiang Mai and Bangkok, but that may change.

Back to my lovely vacation.

This is what I did:
I had a lovely bus trip out of Seoul to the south coast of Korea, near Pusan. I went to stay at Jasmines father's pension(the lovely pictures are on my flickr page) for one night and two days. It was well worth the 6 hour bus trip to and from Seoul. I really enjoyed the bus trip down due to Seoul's beautiful mountians and perfect weather, just the right balance of clouds to sunshine. That night we had a great feast of grilled pork, shrimp and eel(I love eel) with veggies and other assortment of goodies. The night was perfect for eating dinner out of doors under a cresent moon and the stars. I can't remember the last time I had seen stars. The pension over looks a bay which was sprinkled with a few lights, just enough to excentuate the darkeness. It was nice peaceful night. I could just have sat there listening to the wind playing with the leaves all night. There were only crickets talking, no sounds of man. Lovely. Peaceful and too quickly over. The next day we went to a pebbley beach were I got to swim in the Pacific for the first time. I had never swam in salt water before. I've seen the Pacific twice before, once I walked in the waves along a beach in Costa Rica and then again when I was in San Diego I ate brunch over looking the Pacific while getting a bit of a southern education. The water was cold, and reminded me of summers swimming in lake in upper Wisconsin. But, all to soon it was time for me to catch my bus home. It was nice trip full of courtious Koreans, beautiful drives through lush mountians and along rugged bays, and watemelon. Umm, a nice little memory of Korea to take home with me.

I hope everyone's making some good memories on the other side of the world. I miss you all, and hopefully I'll see some of you soon.
Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home