Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Monday, August 14, 2006

The guys


The guys
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
Holy cow!(Hey, I'm from Wisconsin)
I have one month left.
I can't believe it's been almost a year since that picture was taken. It's been an interesting year. And now it's time to go home. In a month, I will be back in Chicago after spending a year in Korea and twelve days in Thailand. Home to be a couch sleeping, unemployed liberal arts major. Oh, the joy. Actually, I'm not being entirely sarcastic.

There are benefits to being unemployed(not many but a few). One of the benefits is freedom. What will I do with my freedom? I will sleep on couches. Serious couchage. I will be sleeping on friends and family members couches from Chicago, to Ames, to Kansas City, so far. The definate plans have not been ironed out yet, but they are starting to get worked out. So, if you wish to see me drop me a line, and I'll include you in my whirl wind couch adventures. I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing people.

Speaking of people. It looks like people had a good time at Gencon this year, which is great. I enjoyed the first round of photos, I hope to see more and stories(has there ever been a year, we didn't get a noise complaint?). Hopefully, someones got a mix cd for me too. ; )

There will be lots of short posts coming as I get ready to leave. It seems strange that I'm leaving. At the same time, I feel like I need to go home. Actually, I feel like I need a home. The last two years have been a little unsettling. It'll be nice to have a place to feel at home again. But first things first, job. Employment please! One month, and not counting. Just enjoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home