Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Friday, October 13, 2006

Aliens

I love me a man with a shotgun.

“I like to keep this handy for close encounters.”

Can you guess what movie that is from?

Yep. Aliens.

It’s Friday the Thirteen and I’m watching the Special Edition of Aliens while slugging back some beer and chowing down on some dumplings. Just what a girl needs after interviews and dead ends. As my brother said Aliens is a family favorite movie; god knows how many times we watched this movie.

Actually to be honest I had a bit of crush on Hicks. ; ) It’s not even that he’s really attractive in a physical sense. But yeah total hotness. He’s a strong guy, caring but secure enough to stand beside a strong women. Hotness.

Anyways, this movie began my love of movies with great supporting characters. I always thought that this movie developed all of it’s characters with in a short time, so that when they died you actually felt something rather than just loosing another red shirt. Also it’s a great Sci-fi movie with an intelligent female lead. Not like Resident Evil or Ultraviolet(which I haven’t seen). Ripley was a bad ass, even if she can‘t drive a tank well. She can drive a lift like a mother fucking pro. “Where do you want it?”

Love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I prefer Alien, but on some level, comparing the two seems like comparing an apple and an orange and complaining that they're not the same.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home