Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Friday, September 01, 2006

Ton Pho


Ton Pho
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
Hello from Bangkok!
I'm a little tired so forgive any spelling or grammar errors. It's been a long day. I took a bus from Hwajeong(now dubbed the "toilet") at 6:30 this morning for the airport while a Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs song played in my head. I meet up with Zack to board Thai Airway's flight to Bangkok with a stopover in Hong Kong. In Hong Kong, I luckly had some greenbacks so we had a BBQ pork bun, an egg tart, and a Tsing Tao which made us reminise about Chicago's Chinatown. After getting back on the plane, Zack watched a movie while I tried to stuff Thai into a weary brain.

Once we arrrived and breezed through customs we ended up across the street at the train station where a nice Thai man helped us get tickets into Hualamphong train station to buy tickets to Chiang Mai and Philtsanlok. He also taught us how to say thank you. The train was slow which allowed us to get familiar with the Bangkok. Bangkok is not a clean city. As we rode into town we passed by hovels of coregated metal, shiny glass buildings, lots of pictures of the royal family, several vibriant colored wats and a colonial style condominam called Monte Carlo. We had a weary Japanese tourist sitting across from us on the hard seats. A women with a basket walked up and down the train selling food and water. And the Thais across the wait spoke to us in broken English.

Upon arriving at the train station we found our first glitch. Luckly it was one easily remedied. The train to Chiang Mai is not running because last night rain caused the train to derail and end up in a river. Two people were killed as a result. Zack will be taking a bus. And I'll be taking a train to Phitsanlok.

Out of time. Later People!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home