Stranger in Her Native Land

There are stories I would like to tell and there are stories I can never tell. The rest is recorded below. My life, which lies between truth and fiction, is written here. Things are changing.

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Can I feed you? :)

Saturday, September 02, 2006

This is the Fort


This is the Fort
Originally uploaded by punk_rock_baby.
Ah, that's kind of funny. Maybe it's just the lack of sleep after my brain refused to shut down and sleep last night.

A storm is coming. Of all the predictable ironies, the weather has been great while I've been trapped in planes and trains, but now that it's time for me to walk around it's going to piss cats and dogs. But, to be honest it doesn't surprise me. The nice weather surprised me. I am now in Sukhothai in Northern Thailand. I am getting ahead of myself though. Back to Bangkok and the Farang alley.

After having a great dinner during which many things were discussed and Zack made the realization I'm not funny(yeah, yeah, just funny looking) after knowing me for eigjt months or so. He was dead tired, but I wasn't so we split up. I posted last night's entry and then decided to walk about. I like walking. I really like just walking around and getting the feel of a place, which is exactly what I did. During my walk I took pictures of the fort, saw a VW van that was also a bar(one which I will have to visit when we get back), some funny t-shirts, cds, and old Bruce Lee posters in Thai. I also so a shit load of tourist from all over the world. And most importantly I saw my first elephant in Thailand. A man was walking a baby elephant down the street. I was too suprised and tired to take a picture. Maybe next time when we go back. I finally packed in about midnight knowing we would have to get up early to so Zack could catch the bus to Chiang Mai and me my train. Unfortunately the lack of sleep is catching up with me and I think I'm going to stop before the rambling increases. More latter, maybe tomorrow after some sleep. Tomorrow I go to Old Sukhothai, the sight of the first Thai state(c. 12-13th century).
Bye, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home